CDT helps to increase long-term capital to the community development industry by serving as both a national direct lender and a secondary market for affordable housing mortgage loans. CDT finances both new and existing multifamily rental properties. We focus primarily on fixed-rate mortgages that may not be efficiently priced by commercial lenders and traditional secondary markets - whether because of their small size ($5 million and under), configuration (scattered-site and urban rehabs) or affordable features.
Under our Affordable Lending Program, CDT provides:
- fixed-rate forward commitments for newly constructed communities, primarily LIHTC financed projects;
- immediate funding fixed-rate loans to existing, stabilized projects;
- a various of terms ranging from 7-year to 30-year mortgages.
Under our Secondary Market Program, CDT
- purchases portfolios of seasoned loans on affordable rental communities;
- works with a network of community lenders including CDFIs, consortia, commercial bank and housing finance agencies.
For all of our debt programs, CDT primarily follows Fannie Mae affordable standards and lending criteria.